We do patents differently.
TLDR; We allow free licensing of our patents.
Why do it this way?
To ensure we don’t stifle innovation.
Which patents can be freely licensed?
http://www.google.com/patents/US20150042450 – US 2015/0042450-A1: Covers:
- Inserting NFC inlays in a Ring Embodiment (Both metallic and ceramic)
- Using Hand Gestures to perform different tasks with a Ring including unlocking a phone and sharing contact information
- Interacting between a Ring and an access control system
http://www.google.com/patents/US20140187160 – US 20140187160 A1: Covers:
- Placing an antenna in a ring and two way communication with a ring and another device
How do I get a license sorted?
If you wish to license our patent simply email email@example.com with your company/personal contact details.
- Visa Collab Inc
- Mastercard Inc
- DangerousThings Inc
What if I don’t get a license sorted before I ship?
Due to the current status quo we have to take some action:
- Step one is to notify you unofficially about the infringement on the patent.
- Step two is to officially notify you through our attorney.
- Step three is to proceed with legal actions claiming damages.
Throughout each step we will encourage you to freely license our patent.
Can I use the NFC Ring™ trademark?
No. The trademark is not included in this license.
By Accepting this license agreement you agree that all new works created on top of this patent are public domain.