Trademarks and how we enforce them.
“NFC Ring” is a registered Trademark of McLear Ltd.
Evidence of trademark: https://trademarks.justia.com/862/55/nfc-86255081.html
If you have been sent here because you have violated the use of this trademark then read on.
What should I do?
You should immediately stop using the “NFC Ring” trademark from your website.
A third party might list their product as “Spandex NFC Ring” or “Gala NFC Ring”. This is an infringement on trademark and should not be used.
How can I fix it?
Do not use the term “NFC Ring” in your product name. For example use “Spandex Magic Ring” or “Gala Smart Ring”.
Are we trying to claim “NFC” as a trademark we own?
No. You could call your product “NFC Band” or “NFC Gold” but you should always avoid using the terms “NFC” and “Ring” in your product name if you want to avoid confusing customers.
Why is it important we enforce this?
- It is important trademarks and defended else they become void.
- To avoid confusing customers.
What happens if I ignore this advice?
- Step one is we send you an unofficial email asking you to stop infringing the trademark.
- Step two is we send you an official email insisting you stop infringing the trademark.
- Step three is a DMCA take down on all content that infringes on the trademark.
Throughout each step we will encourage you to removing infringing content, in which case no damages will be claimed.
Repeat offenders will face damages.
Have we done DMCA take downs before?
Sadly, yes. This is our last resort and it’s basically reserved for companies who are completely ripping off customers.
To ensure we don’t stifle innovation.
Which patents can be freely licensed?
http://www.google.com/patents/US20150042450 – US 2015/0042450-A1: Covers:
- Inserting NFC inlays in a Ring Embodiment (Both metallic and ceramic)
- Using Hand Gestures to perform different tasks with a Ring including unlocking a phone and sharing contact information
- Interacting between a Ring and an access control system
How do I get a license sorted?
If you wish to license our patent simply email email@example.com with your company/personal contact details.
- Visa Collab Inc
- Mastercard Inc
- DangerousThings Inc
What if I don’t get a license sorted before I ship?
Due to the current status quo we have to take some action:
- Step one is to notify you unofficially about the infringement on the patent.
- Step two is to officially notify you through our attorney.
- Step three is to proceed with legal actions claiming damages.
Throughout each step we will encourage you to freely license our patent.
Can I use the NFC Ring™ trademark?
No. The trademark is not included in this license.
By Accepting this license agreement you agree that all new works created on top of this patent are public domain.